If you answer yes to any of these questions you need to see a doctor, preferably an ear specialist.

  1. Do you have a visible congenital or traumatic deformity of the ear?

  2. Do you have a history of active drainage from the ear in the previous 90 days?

  3. Are you experiencing a rapidly progressive hearing loss, within a 90 day time frame?

  4. Are you having acute or chronic dizziness?

  5. Do you have a unilateral hearing loss of sudden or recent onset within the previous 90 days?

  6. Does your audio metric testing result in a 15 decibel air bone gap at 500Hz, 1000Hz and 2000Hz?

  7. Is there visible evidence of excessive cerumen accumulation or a foreign body in the ear canal?

  8. Are you experiencing pain or discomfort in the ear?